Sunday, July 3, 2016

Conversations: Book Borrowing

Hello my friends! So I'm a day late, but I'm going to be posting another Conversation, hosted by our fellow book bloggers Joan @Fiddler Blue and Geraldine @Corralling Books. You can find out more about this fortnightly feature here.

Today's topic is "what are your dos and don'ts for lending out books". So let's get into it!



• • •


I'm not as bad as some people when it comes to lending out my books. I'm usually okay with letting people borrow one or two of my books at a time, but even I have my restrictions. 

DO return the books back to me in a decent amount of time. 

DO treat them as if they're your first born child. 

DON'T mess up the pages in anyway.

DO guard them with your life. 

DO read them. 

DON'T dog ear the pages. 

DO use a bookmark. 

DON'T lend my books out to other people. 

DO understand that if you damage or lose my book, you have to pay me back for it. 

DON'T tear, crease, or bend the cover of my paperbacks. 

DO tell me how the book is going, and how you like it. 

DON'T cause any water damage to my books. 

DON'T use me as your only book resource. There are libraries, bookstores, and eBooks for that purpose. 

but most importantly 

DO enjoy the reading experience, obsess over the story, and cry over the characters. Because in the end, I want to share the love of reading with as many people as I can, and lending out books is an easy way to do that. 

So that concludes my list! While it isn't every day that I'm lending books out to people I kind of know, I am often swapping books with close friends who are also avid readers (money saver) so I'm no stranger to lending books.

Thanks for reading! Let me know in the comments if you participated in this fortnight's Conversation! 


1 comment:

  1. I agree with you so much on this! It's so annoying when people borrow your books and keep them for indefinite amounts of time, because - um - WHAT IF THEY NEVER GIVE THEM BACK? And the gap in my shelf is IMPOSSIBLY FRUSTRATING.

    You might be able to tell that I really wish my Dad would get around to giving me The Hunger Games back.

    And everyone should treat every book like their firstborn child. It's a no-brained.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts; I'll write back soon! Be sure to check that 'notify me' button so we can keep the discussion going!