Tuesday, November 15, 2016

The "Perfect" Fall



Fall is, without a doubt, the best time of year. And I don't know about you, but I live my life in anticipation for fall. This autumnal time of year can come and go, but to make it just so, there are a couple things that have to happen. Today I'm talking all about the little things in my life that create the perfect fall.

1. Fall Fashion

I always get excited to ditch my summer shorts and tank tops for army green jackets, jeans, cozy socks, flannel button downs, and fashion boots. Dressing for fall is basically the time of year that everyone gets to see your clothes before you become buried in winter coats, scarves, hats, and gloves.

2. Fall Tea 

I'm not much of a coffee drinker, but offer me a cup of tea and I can't physically bring myself to say no. During the summer months, I'm typically going for colder beverages, such as iced tea or infused water, but as soon as the fall months hit, my electric kettle is running double time. Right now I am obsessed with the Pumpkin Spice Brûlée tea leaves from Teavana. It's actually the best thing ever.

3. High Fantasy 

When the days get shorter, the nights get longer, the wind gets bitter, and the temperature drops, I begin to crave the high fantasy genre. Right now, I'm eyeing Three Dark Crowns, Crooked Kingdom, and Heir of Fire. 

4. Acoustic, Fall Music

In all honesty, my music taste doesn't change all that much as the seasons change, but I do love turning on a calming, acoustic, soft playlist on Spotify to be the background music to my life these few months. I'd like to recommend the "crisp leaves & lattes" playlist by Kalyn Nicholson on Spotify if you're interested in 5 hours of awesome, fall music.

5. Fall Pinterest Boards 

As my friends will tell you, I'm a pinterest addict. As the summer season turns to autumn, my fall pinterest board sprang to life.  (Because fall IS my aesthetic.)

6. Did I mention Pumpkin Spice Brûlée? 

7. Two Words: Flannel Sheets

Does anyone else switch their bedding over from linen to fleece or flannel in the fall time? Because I do, and it is heavenly.

8. Celestial Viewing 

There's something about fall and the nighttime sky that just go together. Take the Supermoon for example! I love gazing at the night sky in the fall time, perhaps because I see so much of it!

9. Fall Food 

One of my cooking enthusiast friends and I cooked a dinner for some of our friends, and it was completely fall themed. From pumpkin snicker doodles to harvest quinoa salads, it was amazing in an autumn kind of way.

---

So that concludes this post! As you can tell, I absolutely love fall, and right now where I live, it's in the 50s (F) which is like the perfect temperature. So. Yay fall!

Thanks for reading, let me know what your favorite part of fall is below!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts; I'll write back soon! Be sure to check that 'notify me' button so we can keep the discussion going!