Thursday, January 26, 2017

Unread Books January 2017


Soooo almost exactly a year ago I made a post listing the top ten books I was most ashamed of having not read. Essentially, it was a condensed version of my TBR, featuring the books I really, really needed to get to during the year. I was having so much fun reading through it that I decided to make it an annual tradition here so that each year I can look back on all the books I didn't read, and make promises to read new ones. (Check out my unread books of January 2016 here!)

These aren't in any particular order, but with no further ado, here they are. (I'm sorry don't hate me I'll get to them eventually.)

1. All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven


Initially, I'd had no desire to read this novel given what I'd heard from people whose opinions I trust, but then I bought Holding Up the Universe, and I wanted to read her other novel as well. I ended up getting it for five dollars over Black Friday, so now I own the book with every intention of reading it.

2. A Court of Thorns and Roses + by Sarah J. Maas


I got both of these for Christmas, so now I literally have no excuse not to read them. I should have gotten on ACOTAR back when it first came out but.... ahahahaha sob. (ACOTAR was on my list last year so I literally am a #failure.)

3. Heir of Fire + by Sarah J. Maas 


Another one that's on my list from last year.... I've owned Heir of Fire for over a year, and I'm so upset with myself, because I loved Crown of Midnight, so I really, really should've gotten a move on with these.

4. Daughter of Smoke and Bone +  Laini Taylor


I'm an awful person, this is the second time I'm including this trilogy. I feel like so many people have read and enjoyed this trilogy, so I don't know why I've yet to start the first novel.

5. The Diviners + by Libba Bray


Ahahahahah guess which duology I said I'd read a year ago? This one! The 20s is one of my favorite eras so I'm ashamed to say I haven't completed or even started The Diviners :(

6. Through the Dark by Alexandra Bracken 


The Darkest Minds is my all time favorite YA series, so the fact that I haven't read this bind up is horrible. 2017 is the year. (I said the same thing about 2016... but it's fine.)

7. The Young Elites + by Marie Lu


I really enjoyed the Legend trilogy, so I can't believe I haven't gotten around to her newest works.

8. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky 


Literally everyone loves this book so why have I not read it? Excellent question. This year it's happening.

9. Shades of Magic Series by V.E Schwab


I've yet to hear a negative review for both of these books, which has convinced me that I need to read them. I can't believe I haven't yet, and I have no valid excuse here.

10. New Moon + by Stephenie Meyer


I read Twilight by Stephenie Meyer over the summer of 2016, and while I wasn't the biggest fan, I now feel odd not having completed the series. I'll definitely need to get on with that.


And that concludes the ten books I'm quite embarrassed to admit I haven't read them. Of the ten I listed last year, I actually followed through with four of them, and while that doesn't sound like a lot, three of them were actually series. (So ha!) Let me know what books you're behind on, and I wish you all luck with the 2017 reading year!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts; I'll write back soon! Be sure to check that 'notify me' button so we can keep the discussion going!