Saturday, March 12, 2016

Childhood Favorites

   
                            
   

Today I'm going to take you down memory lane and recall some of my favorite books from when I was younger!


1. Warriors by Erin Hunter
This (lengthy) series was one of the first fandoms I joined, and consequently threw me into a life filled with rapid reading and large checkouts from the library. 



2. Because of Winn-Dixie by Kate Dicamillo
This story remains one of my all-time favorite books. I remember reading this book, finishing it, and immediately turning back to page one and reading the whole thing again. I would repeat this over, and over, and over again. 



3. The Tale of Despereaux by Kate Dicamillo
Another story by Kate Dicamillo, and another beloved book that I read multiple times in my childhood. I never did see the movie...


4. Wish Stealers by Tracy Trivas
I remember my mom bought this book for me quite randomly, and I absolutely loved it. It's so magical, and I enjoyed the mystery involved in the plot. 


5. Scott O'Dell
Honestly, I can't devote number 5 to just Sing Down the Moon. I devoured anything written by O'Dell, my favorite probably being Island of the Blue Dolphins


6. Roald Dahl
Once again, an author I couldn't get enough of. I believe it was my 2nd Grade teacher who introduced me to this author, and after that I read anything by him I could, and ended up doing a project on him the following year. 


7. Ramona Quimby by Beverly Cleary
I really enjoyed these books, simply because I found myself able to connect strongly to Ramona's older sister, Beezus. 


8. The Biography of Anne Frank by Ruth Ashby
I read this children's biography of Anne Frank when I was in elementary school, and I just remember crying my eyes out at the end. For some reason I continued to re-read this book, even though I knew the ending wouldn't change no matter how many times I read it. It wasn't until early middle school that I actually braved reading her translated diary. 

∞ 

So those were eight of my childhood favorites. There are so many others that I just couldn't mention, but these were some prominent ones. What are some of your favorite books from when you were younger? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts; I'll write back soon! Be sure to check that 'notify me' button so we can keep the discussion going!