Tuesday, June 21, 2016

The Crown

Title: The Crown (The Selection #5)
Author: Kiera Cass
Genre: YA Dystopian
Pages: 278
Rating: 4 Stars
Purchase this book:
AmazonBarnes & NobleBook Depository

As Princess Eadlyn's Selection continues, tension between the people and their future queen gets worse. She has to not only pick her soul mate from the group of randomly picked boys, but also is faced with getting the people on her side.

I found the conclusion to this fantastic series to be okay. Honestly, I was hoping for a bit more. The book itself is already very short compared to its predecessors, and I'm always wary of short concluding novels. I love the Selection series a lot, it remains one of my favorite book series of all time, and I think that's because it's just so addictive. So while I was slightly disappointed by how this series wrapped up, I must say that The Crown didn't lack that captivating aspect.

However, I can't give The Crown the five stars I was hoping I could give it. I just feel like it didn't live up to the heart wrenching, plot twisting, mind blowing books I'm used to from Kiera Cass. Don't get me wrong, I liked it well enough, but I didn't love it. 

Plus I didn't like how this Selection wrapped up- but don't worry, I won't spoil that for you. Truthfully I could write an essay on my feelings on the end of this novel, but I'll stick to my typical, spoiler-free review. 

Anyway, I just wasn't as emotionally attached to the plot of this book as I'd hoped. 

So why did I give this four stars? Because I did still like it, I still found it captivating, and I still think it's a very unique, amazing book that's a part of an even more amazing series. 

So go read the Crown; you won't be too disappointed. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts; I'll write back soon! Be sure to check that 'notify me' button so we can keep the discussion going!