Saturday, December 26, 2015

Top 15 of 2015!


Since this year is coming to a close, I figured I'd recap this crazy ride in 15 books I loved this 2015. These are in chronological order, not in order of preference. 

1. Cinder by Marissa Meyer

I'm sure that if you've read these books, you know what I mean when I say that they are simply amazing.  Cinder, along with the rest of its series, takes Fairy Tale Retellings to a whole other level. I got Winter for Christmas, and I cannot wait to read it! 


2. In the Afterlight by Alexandra Bracken 

The Darkest Minds is one of my favorite series ever. I read the concluding novel, and loved it just as much as all the other books, although the first is probably my favorite of them all.  Who's excited for Passenger? 

3. The Heir by Kiera Cass

I had this book preordered for so many months it's not even okay.  I'm fairly certain I was the first person to read it at my school, since I read it pretty much the day it came out.  I remember when I lent it out to one of my best friends, we actually had to put a different dust jacket on it so people would stop asking to read it. (It's a signed addition, to there was no way I would be lending it out to anyone other than my closest friends.) 

4. The Bane Chronicles by Cassandra Clare

This book is so funny! If you haven't read it yet, and you have read The Mortal Instruments, you seriously need to read The Bane Chronicles. 

5. The Program by Suzanne Young

I still haven't read the next book... I really should get to that.  But aside from that, I really enjoyed this book in a twisted sort of way, given how sad it is.  

6. Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige 

I know that some people have a problem with this book's relation to Full Fathom Five, but I loved this book enough to not care.  And, while I was disappointed by the second book, The Wicked Will Rise, I have high hopes for book three, Yellow Brick War. I believe Danielle Paige is coming to BookCon, too! 

7. The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater
 

This is one of those series that just gets better with each new book, and now I'm on the edge of my seat for the final book. 

8. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
 

This book, along with Crown of Midnight, have both captivated me to the fullest, and I can't wait to continue with the series. 

9. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee  

My mom practically bribed me to read this book with Fangirl, but I'm so happy I did read it.  It was very powerful, very influential, and very moving.  I really hope I never have to read it in school and have it ruined for me. (Which is highly unlikely, but I can still hope.) 

10. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell

I don't think, if you, like me, are a Harry Potter Fangirl, that you would be unable to read this book and not relate to it on an extreme level.  

11. The Fate of Ten by Pittacus Lore

This is the second to last book in the I am Number Four series, and it left off at such a cruel cliff hanger!  I can't wait for the final book.



This book is pretty much indescribable.  I'm not the biggest contemporary reader- I am starting to read more of the genre, but a couple months ago, I strayed away from contemporary.  I'm telling you this, because What We Saw is now one of my favorite books, despite being contemporary.  It's just such a powerful book, and I've already forced recommended it to plenty of people. 



I mean, it's Rick Riordan and Annabeth, so how can I say no?

14. Still Life by Jacqueline West

This is the concluding novel to a Middle Grade book series that has stuck with me since 4th grade, and I am not ashamed to say I cried when it ended. 

15.  Looking For Alaska by John Green

I love most realistic fiction books that have deeper, hidden meanings.  Anyone who's read Looking For Alaska knows this book is a perfect one when it comes to uncovering the secrets of life.  


And those were my top 15 of 2015!  I hope you enjoyed glancing at the best books of my year.  What were some of your favorites this year? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts; I'll write back soon! Be sure to check that 'notify me' button so we can keep the discussion going!