Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday 11/17



Top Ten Quotes from Books Read this Year

Top Ten Tuesday is brought to you by The Broke and the Bookish

So it's time for another Top Ten Tuesday!  I'll be honest, I'm not very good at remembering/marking quotes I like in books, so I'll be hunting through my goodreads and trying to see if I can't remember anything. 

With no further ado...

#1: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.”




#2:  Fangirl
“Sometimes writing is running downhill, your fingers jerking behind you on the keyboard the way your legs do when they can’t quite keep up with gravity.”
Picture taken and edited by me!

#3: The Darkest Minds

“He's so busy looking inside people to find the good that he misses the knife they're holding in their hand.”



#4: Blue Lily, Lily Blue

“Blue was perfectly aware that it was possible to have a friendship that wasn’t all-encompassing, that wasn’t blinding, deafening, maddening, quickening. It was just that now that she’d had this kind, she didn’t want the other.”


#5: Fangirl (Again, woo hoo!)
“Nick wanted to meet on campus at Love Library. (That was the actual name; thank you for your donation, Mayor Don Lathrop Love.)”


#6: Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone

“It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.”



#7: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban 
“Don't let the muggles get you down.”



#8: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban 
“I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.”


#9: The Darkest Minds
“When a girl cries, few things are more worthless than a boy.”


#10: The Book Thief 
“A snowball in the face is surely the perfect beginning to a lasting friendship.” 


So that's all I have this week!  As I'm sure you can tell, I'm not the best at quotes here... so these are all the quotes I saved on goodreads. 

Link your TTTs below- I'd love to see your quotes! 



2 comments:

  1. I love all of the Harry Potter quotes, but #1 is one of my all-time favourite, because it is so spot on. And the quotes you have here makes me even more curious about Fangirls! Great list :) Here is My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, #1 is truly a great one! Checking yours out right now...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts; I'll write back soon! Be sure to check that 'notify me' button so we can keep the discussion going!